Thursday, June 23, 2005

Take Back Our State Rally

I had a good time at the Take Back Our State rally last night. The John Locke Foundation and Americans For Prosperity helped stage the event. Free BBQ and bluegrass music. The Libertarian Party was well represented there. It was good to talk to State House Rep. John Rhodes (R) again. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Cabarrus Republican Men's meeting (what's a Libertarian doing at a Republican meeting? Many of my fiscal conservative friends were there. I felt very welcome there).

It was also good to see Andy Lancaster from Americans For Prosperity. It was the first time I had seen him since he spoke at a Cabarrus LP meeting last summer. I also spoke with members of the Wake County Taxpayers Association, as well as anti-annexation activists.

Well worth the trip to Raleigh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home