Sunday, June 17, 2007

U.S. Troops In Harm's Way, Where I Stand...

This is a cross-over post from my Facebook page.

Two things happened over the weekend that influenced this note. The first was reaction to some bumper stickers laying on the Libertarian outreach table at the Twin City Ribfest in Winston Salem. One sticker said "Ex-Military, Anti-War". One lady seemed offended by it, saying she had two children in Iraq. I told her I hope they make it home and get to stay there. She thanked me. There were a few other negative responses to the anti-war stickers.

The second influencing factor was a group (Facebook) invitation I received. It was for a group called "Anarchists Against The Troops". The invitation came from someone I have a lot of respect for. I was about to hit the Join button when a thought came to mind. What if someone used my membership in this group to attack my congressional campaign? I paused a moment longer and proceeded to join the group. I refuse to allow fear to influence my decisions. I do not believe in censorship in any shape or form. I am willing to defend my beliefs against anyone.

Regarding the troops, I wish them a safe and speedy return home. I believe they should have the choice to lay down their arms and return home, without penalty or persecution. I have friends and family members who have served in Iraq. I care for them very much. I care about every human being, regardless of race, creed or country.

I wish for peace and goodwill among all mankind. I do not believe in killing people for the benefit of corporatism and it's fascist puppets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home