Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Shocking Development: I Agree With Bob Carruth

[Disclaimer for my fiscal conservative friends: No, I have not lost my mind. Sorry Coy and Robert, but Bob makes sense on this one]

As a human being, I have nothing but respect for Cabarrus County Commissioner Bob Carruth. However, in regards to politics, we have very little in common. We rarely agree on issues relative to the size, scope and purpose of our county government. There is one issue we do agree on....

USER FEES

In an article this week in the Independent Tribune, (sorry, could not find the story on-line) Mr. Carruth introduced the concept of user fees to fund our parks and libraries. I was shocked when I read the story. As a Libertarian, I believe user fees is the most just and efficient way to fund government "services".

I would like to thank Mr. Carruth for bringing this issue to the table.

I am man enough to admit when one of my political opponents is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home